12 year old Adetayo Adefarasin, a student of Government Junior College, Epe, suffered severe burns to her face, chest, arm and legs after a faulty transformer exploded along Broad street, Lagos as she was trying to board a bus while returning from church on September 20th.
She was rushed to General Hospital, Lagos where she’s still receiving treatment for her severe injury. The faulty transformer was repaired two days after this incident but according to girl’s family who reached out to LIB, PHCN have not made any attempt to help the girl who is still in hospital. Friends say she is a brilliant student and was looking forward to a great future. The family want to sue PHCN over the incident I hear but haven’t done so yet. The carelessness of these people is worrisome. They don’t do anything until someone gets killed or injured.