7 Reasons APC Candidate, Akeredolu May Become The Next Governor
1. Federal Might: No doubt, the Federal powers is solidly behind Rotimi Akeredolu. APC is the party at the central – that has all the ‘mercenaries’ at hand to win the elections.
2. A Major Test Run for President Buhari’s Bid in 2019: The outcome of Saturday’s governorship election in Ondo State is a major test run for President Muhammadu Buhari’s re-election bid in 2019. The camp of the Presidency is determined to win Ondo State to set the path for the 2019 general election.
3. Edo ‘Elections’ Result May Repeat Itself: We saw the results of the Edo elections – how Former Governor, Oshiomhole’s anointed candidate, Godwin Obaseki won the elections. The atmosphere was at tense as it is now but APC still won. This may repeat itself again.
4. Jimoh Ibrahim’s Defection to APC With His Supporters: The business mogul, Barrister Jimoh Ibrahim may lead his team of supporters and followers out of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) into the All Progressives Congress (APC), ahead of the Ondo State governorship election, scheduled for Saturday.
This followed the decision, on Thursday, by a five- man panel of Supreme Court justices, led by the Acting Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen, striking out another appeal filed by the Ali Modu Sheriff-led faction of PDP.
A party source confided in Nigerian Tribune that: “It is true that Jimoh Ibrahim approached the Supreme Court to confirm who the authentic candidate of PDP for the Ondo State governorship election is.
5. Witches and Wizards Endorsed Him: The Witches and Wizards Association of Nigeria (WITZAN) in Ondo recently said that the upcoming governorship elections in the state will be won by All Progressive Congress (APC) candidate, Rotimi Akeredolu. The declaration was made by WITZAN President, Dr Okhue Iboi, after a meeting in the Ese Odo area of the state.
6: PDP’s Albatross/APC’s Gains: The party had enjoyed an improved image and goodwill among Ondo people. This is arguably attributable to the failure of the Governor Olusegun Mimiko-led state government to meet the yearnings of the people.
Unpaid salaries, perceived maltreatment of citizens, increased taxation and alleged insensitivity of the PDP government to the sufferings of the people, all worked to form a new opinion in favour of the APC.
7. His second coming: APC Candidate, Rotimi Akeredolu may stand a chance to win tomorrow’s elections as he is vying for the second time. He once contested in 2012 under the platform of the same party.